deirfiur: (there is freedom without ;;)
[personal profile] deirfiur
[Filter: Private, in Danaan]

It was meant to help us. That's obvious. Trying to worm around her rules to give us a hint.

If I go back to what I was like before we left .... I was so bossy all the time, wasn't I? I used to boss Patience around all the time. We would still argue but I was so sure I was right, and I was so convinced that nobody could drag me out of it. It was like that up until ...

I wonder. If Patience and I hadn't been taken by those people, would ... would I be more like I used to?

Or maybe it was Rina. Dentoria. Aelbhe made a whole point of talking about how different Dentoria is. And it is, isn't it? People talk differently. They behave differently. They expect different things from you and it's not like I could be bossy there. I went from being out in the middle of nowhere with Patience to being with Rina and her family. I was a guest. You don't tell people what to do or expect to get your way when you're a guest. And it's an inn. You're supposed to help people. Listen to them, get them what they need. Nod and smile.

What was I like before?

What would I have been like if I was still that person? And if everyone had told me how important I was?

Proud.

I would be proud.

But can I be proud enough to reach her?

Profile

deirfiur: (Default)
Crionna (Prudence)

March 2016

S M T W T F S
  1234 5
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 13th, 2026 02:12 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios